Romans 5 v 1 – 5
1Therefore, since we have been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ. 2Through Him we have also obtained access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and we rejoice in hope of the glory of God.
3More than that, we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, 4and endurance produces character, and character produces hope, 5and hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us. (ESV)
We need endurance in suffering leading to hope.
- It has to do with the here and now.
- It is true of one day in heaven.
- It does not put us to shame.
- It is enabled by the love of God that He has for us.
- God’s love is poured into our hearts by the Holy Spirit.
Are you able to say that this love has been poured into your heart?