Obadiah vv 15-18
15For the day of the LORD is near upon all the nations. As you have done, it shall be done to you; your deeds shall return on your own head. 16For as you have drunk on my holy mountain, so all the nations shall drink continually; they shall drink and swallow, and shall be as though they had never been. 17BUT in Mount Zion there shall be those who escape, and it shall be holy, and the house of Jacob shall possess their own possessions. 18The house of Jacob shall be a fire, and the house of Joseph a flame, and the house of Esau stubble; they shall burn them and consume them, and there shall be no survivor for the house of Esau, for the LORD has spoken. (ESV)
1. The Sacred Place – Mount Zion.
2. The Separated People – only a few (not everyone).
3. The Saved People – those who escape who are justified, being sanctified and who will be glorified.
4. The Sanctified Place – it shall be holy (set apart).
5. The Secured Possessions – God will restore what was pillaged by the ungodly.
6. The Spirited Passion – all the twelve tribes will have the fire and flame of the LORD, having His Holy Spirit poured out on them.
7. The Severe Punishment – there will sadly be no survivors of the house of Esau.
8. The Sure Promise – the LORD has spoken.
Let’s look forward to, in other terms: the Realm, the Remnant, the Rescue, the Redemption, the Restoration, the Re-kindling and the Retribution according to the Resolve of God Himself.